COVID-19 testing clinic this week
The following COVID-19 testing clinic is available this week at Miller Elementary School, 6530 New Hampshire Ave, Hammond, IN :
- Friday, Sept 4, 2020, 8 am - 8 pm
- Second week: Tuesday, Sept 8 - Friday, Sept 11, 2020, 8 am - 8 pm (no testing Monday, Sept 7)
- Third week and going forward: Mon - Fri, 8 am - 8 pm
Event Registration for Residents: https://lhi.care/covidtesting
Phone-Based Testing Event Registration for Residents (for residents without internet access only): (888) 634-1116 ext. 88578
Patients may also walk into the site and register, but patients with appointments will take priority.
***It is VERY important that patients know and bring their patient number with them, to help expedite the process at the site***
Lake County Property Taxes - Fall Installment Due on 11-10-2020
The Fall installment of Lake County Property Taxes due date is 11/10/2020.
You may pay your property tax bill online by clicking the "read more..." link OR at the following banks from October 5, 2020 to November 10, 2020: American Community Bank, Centier Bank, Demotte State Bank, Dyer Bank and Trust, First Financial Bank, First Merchants Bank, First Midwest Bank, Horizon Bank, Peoples Bank, Tech Credit Union.
* NO RECEIPTS RETURNED – YOUR CANCELLED CHECK IS PROOF OF PAYMENT
Notice of Publication of Proposed Local Rules
Lake County Health Department COVID-19 Public Health Order 20-01
As the Lake County Health Department, pursuant to the authority granted by Indiana Codes 16-20-1 et seq. and 16-41-9 et seq., in the interest of protecting those within the jurisdiction of the Lake County Health Department, and reducing the spread of communicable disease, specifically the novel Coronavirus (which causes COVID-19), the Lake County Health Department is issuing a Public Health Order, with support of the Lake County Board of Health. The following should take effect throughout Lake County, Indiana, beginning July 20th, 2020 until further recommendation from the Health Department.
The Lake County Criminal Division Courts are now live-streaming
To ensure the public and the press continue to have access to the courts, the Lake Superior Courts, Criminal Division, are now live-streaming all court proceedings, pursuant to Indiana Supreme Court Order 20S-CB-123, April 22, 2020. However, recording or rebroadcasting of any live-stream court proceeding remains illegal. Each court's schedule is included:
- Criminal Division Room 1: Monday – Friday at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 2: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform (effective 6/15/2020). *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 3: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 4: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Fridays, 1:00 p.m – 2:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Magistrate’s Court: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. on bonded defendants; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. for In-custody IH’s. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. Probation Revocations and LCCC Petitions to Expel. 10:30 Evidentiary hearings on PTRs/PTEs. Click HERE for the streaming platform (effective 6/24/2020). *** UPDATED ***