Lake County Health Department on Schools Re-Opening
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and to ensure that proper measures vital to the mitigation of the pandemic remain in place, the Lake County Health Department drafted a set of recommendations for the safe schools re-opening.
Please click "read more ..." link for more information.
Lake County Health Department COVID-19 Public Health Order 20-01
As the Lake County Health Department, pursuant to the authority granted by Indiana Codes 16-20-1 et seq. and 16-41-9 et seq., in the interest of protecting those within the jurisdiction of the Lake County Health Department, and reducing the spread of communicable disease, specifically the novel Coronavirus (which causes COVID-19), the Lake County Health Department is issuing a Public Health Order, with support of the Lake County Board of Health. The following should take effect throughout Lake County, Indiana, beginning July 20th, 2020 until further recommendation from the Health Department.
2020 Primary Election Results (official)
The Lake County Criminal Division Courts are now live-streaming
To ensure the public and the press continue to have access to the courts, the Lake Superior Courts, Criminal Division, are now live-streaming all court proceedings, pursuant to Indiana Supreme Court Order 20S-CB-123, April 22, 2020. However, recording or rebroadcasting of any live-stream court proceeding remains illegal. Each court's schedule is included:
- Criminal Division Room 1: Monday – Friday at 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 2: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform (effective 6/15/2020). *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 3: Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Criminal Division Room 4: Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Wednesdays 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Fridays, 1:00 p.m – 2:00 p.m. Click HERE for the streaming platform. *** UPDATED ***
- Magistrate’s Court: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. on bonded defendants; 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. for In-custody IH’s. Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30 - 10:30 a.m. Probation Revocations and LCCC Petitions to Expel. 10:30 Evidentiary hearings on PTRs/PTEs. Click HERE for the streaming platform (effective 6/24/2020). *** UPDATED ***